I was driving the other day and got stuck on our local talk radio show. He was talking about pet peeves and interviewing people (local "celebrities") about what their top five pet peeves are. Here are mine:
1. People (especially young people) who don't have common decency and courtesy. People who don't hold open doors for others, or people who are rude to servers and clerks or servers and clerks who are rude to patrons. It freaking makes me want to scream. How hard is it to be nice? Really? It's not hard. It's a lot harder to be a jerk. I honestly can say that I will always let someone merge, or cut in front of me at the grocery store if all they have is a few things when my cart is full. And the only reason that I do it is to be nice and I get a kick out seeing people be shocked at such a teeny tiny gesture. (And in case you were wondering, it does have a certain pay it forward factor that is nice too!)
2. People who say things like "When I used to work at the BBV of the BFD it was so hard." I have a theory that when people use acronyms casually to talk about things that you don't know about. I think that they are merely trying to sound intelligent and looking to reel you into asking them what "BBV of the BFD" means. Ughhh! I hate it! It's so annoying!
3. Customer service reps, servers and other people who I give money to who are JERKS. If you hate your job so much that you can't be bothered to be courteous or crack a smile, then you need to get a new job.
4. Woe is me/Chip on the shoulder/Energy sucker syndrome. Lately I have heard so many stories about people who think that there is a cosmic plan to attack them and make them fail. Yet these same people are doing NOTHING to change their situation. These people will blame society, their parents, the ex that broke their heart, their boss, the economy, the President, anyone but themselves for whatever is wrong with their life. I know people who have had HORRIBLE lives who have done nothing but turn it around and learn from it and grow and change and as a result they are happy, successful people. People like this are so suffering from their own stupidity. I want to scream at them: It's not always about you!
5. Ok, I know it's crazy, but I have to have my sheets smooth with no abominations. An abomination is when one corner of the fitted sheet is not on tight enough causing wrinkles. I know, I am a freak.
- Picky eaters, and I am not talking about kids.
- Skinny Jeans.
- Teenage boys who look like they need a major haircut.
- Non-fat half caff soy mochachino latte drinkers.
- People who think that MySpace is real or who use it to gage their friendships.
- People who stop at green lights when turning right or people who stop at green arrows.
- Stupid bitches and we all know the type of broad that I am talking about.