Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pet Peeve Post

I was driving the other day and got stuck on our local talk radio show. He was talking about pet peeves and interviewing people (local "celebrities") about what their top five pet peeves are. Here are mine:

1. People (especially young people) who don't have common decency and courtesy. People who don't hold open doors for others, or people who are rude to servers and clerks or servers and clerks who are rude to patrons. It freaking makes me want to scream. How hard is it to be nice? Really? It's not hard. It's a lot harder to be a jerk. I honestly can say that I will always let someone merge, or cut in front of me at the grocery store if all they have is a few things when my cart is full. And the only reason that I do it is to be nice and I get a kick out seeing people be shocked at such a teeny tiny gesture. (And in case you were wondering, it does have a certain pay it forward factor that is nice too!)

2. People who say things like "When I used to work at the BBV of the BFD it was so hard." I have a theory that when people use acronyms casually to talk about things that you don't know about. I think that they are merely trying to sound intelligent and looking to reel you into asking them what "BBV of the BFD" means. Ughhh! I hate it! It's so annoying!

3. Customer service reps, servers and other people who I give money to who are JERKS. If you hate your job so much that you can't be bothered to be courteous or crack a smile, then you need to get a new job.

4. Woe is me/Chip on the shoulder/Energy sucker syndrome. Lately I have heard so many stories about people who think that there is a cosmic plan to attack them and make them fail. Yet these same people are doing NOTHING to change their situation. These people will blame society, their parents, the ex that broke their heart, their boss, the economy, the President, anyone but themselves for whatever is wrong with their life. I know people who have had HORRIBLE lives who have done nothing but turn it around and learn from it and grow and change and as a result they are happy, successful people. People like this are so suffering from their own stupidity. I want to scream at them: It's not always about you!

5. Ok, I know it's crazy, but I have to have my sheets smooth with no abominations. An abomination is when one corner of the fitted sheet is not on tight enough causing wrinkles. I know, I am a freak.

(Here's a few more)
  • Picky eaters, and I am not talking about kids.
  • Skinny Jeans.
  • Teenage boys who look like they need a major haircut.
  • Non-fat half caff soy mochachino latte drinkers.
  • People who think that MySpace is real or who use it to gage their friendships.
  • People who stop at green lights when turning right or people who stop at green arrows.
  • Tweekers.
  • Stupid bitches and we all know the type of broad that I am talking about.
How about you? What are some of your pet peeves?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaah! @ 'abominations'

Gina said...

Oh - I hate the people who will not let you off the elevator without barging on. HATE!!

just me said...

Well, I just want to say a big DITTO on pretty much all of yours.
Mine is a continuation of your number 1....people who stop in the middle of the street (with open parking next to the curb) to let out their overweight should-be walking-to-school kids !!!! I have watched people stop traffic for a block....cretins! I think it all comes down to a 'me first', 'I am the center of the universe' mentality; no one else matters. We SO need to reinstate stockades :)

Constance65 said...

YES! to every one of them! Every day I walk my 4 year old into his sweet little preschool and not one of the parents of the children can have a smile on their face? Is it really that hard to make it a pleasant experience for your child, other children and the people teaching them? UGGH! I have been just going in there swinging my ponytail and saying good morning to every single person I see. Some have been so surprised...it is really sad.

Oh, and I am the same way about the sheets.

I am sure I have tons more...may need to have a pet peeve post of my own!

Have a great Tuesday!

Julie said...

People who are rude...I mean, really, what's to gain? Also, cashiers at the Target/Wal-Mart/Dillards, etc. who act like scanning my item is an inconvenience.

Constance the Super said...

I was thinking about this post last night when my sister's tool of a boyfriend was here for dinner. He kept using all of these acronyms when he was telling an already tedious story. Hey, jackass, we don't care if you're working on the ASS project. I don't know what you do, nor do I care.

We have lots of streetlights out right now (so minor in comparison to other things, but this is pissing me off) and people don't know how to deal with a 4-way stop. And then there are the people who just blow through without stopping at all as if they're the only person in the world. I've been trying to stay calm since everyone is rattled, but this one woman was just lost in space. I honked at her and she waved me away with her right hand, phone held with her left. No hands on the steering wheel, no brain paying attention to the road. Hey lady, you're going to kill someone.

Anonymous said...

These sizegenetics fatty oils helps around the thinning for this blood (lower viscosity), which in turn aids through the circulation of blood inside the sizegenetics. Research have shown having a sizegenetics blood flow is among the actual main factors in achieving stronger, stiffer erections.Onions - Well, many don't know but a lot of today's top researchers believe that onions will also be an essential food for sizegenetics circulation of your respective blood. It also aids in the prevention of blood clots. This carries a good advantage to increasing the circulation of blood in to the heart and as well the penis.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/